Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - August 2013, 2 by weed_woman

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - August 2013

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - August 2013
weed_woman wrote:
Ian, I am proud of you for achieving those culls! I don't know that I could be as strong? I'm glad you have a name for A. 'Pink Panther' as it is a beauty. like I said, put me on the list! I would put you on the list for A. gigantea, but it could be a looooong wait?
The sun is stll at low height here, so still quite mild for the plants, but it wont be long before it is higher in the sky and will beat down and burn things. I will have to keep my mind on the job and make sure I move broms acordingly.
Windy here today, and watering is the job for tomorrow, as well as mulching a bit of garden, and maybe some potting up of tube stock? We will see how it goes. I did a good 2-3 hours of housework this afternoon, and realised the place is due for a spring clean! Luckily spring is almost here, so it can wait.
Hi Cody, glad you had some nice weather. Good morning, good afternoon and goodnight!
Now for some photos
Photo one is Billbergia 'Las Manchas' in flower.
Photo two is Coelogyne cristata, a trade plant from wayne Carter
Photo three is Lidisia Discolour (orchid)
Photo four is Guzmania 'White Grapeade' in the garden
photo five is one from Nev, labelled as one the Bower birds had taken the label from. Obviously an Aechmea gamosepala hybrid. Its quite small.
well, thats the photos I promised. i will have to take more tomorrow!
Sue