Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Lilies: Looking for pink lilies, 2 by cathy166

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright cathy166

In reply to: Looking for pink lilies

Forum: Lilies

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Looking for pink lilies
cathy166 wrote:
I generally get my lily bulbs in Costco as soon as they arrive in February. There is a wonderful selection, and that is where I bought Elodie. She is about 5 years old and has always been the same soft pink you should see on the screen in my photos and SPs. I don't measure on a color scale. I have lots of pink lilies, both asiatic and orientals that are darker. They ask for very little: full sun and good drainage. And for me in the northeast, a bit of spinosad to deter hungry lily beetles and keep them from hatching.

As you can see, lilies are not the only pink flowers in my garden. Much as I love lilies, if I were looking to maintain pink all summer, I'd pick an annual like snapdragon that keeps the same color and really fills out. While the fourth photo is a bit dark, caladium Kathleen is a soft pink with a small green margin. The first is a Barlow aquilegia (columbine); second is a tree peony; third is a Japanese peony.