Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - July 2013, 2 by ianperry

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ianperry

In reply to: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - July 2013

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - July 2013
ianperry wrote:
Hi all,
It was a good day with some showers but even they couldn't dampen my efforts. I cleaned out the pool area, went to the market took some pics, went to our meeting and when I got home I assembled the walk in seed raising house. It will get it's cover on tomorrow, maybe.
One plant that I got this morning has a pup list attached already..
Sorry Trish my fingers and brain are not always connected correctly. I can think Trish and write Tash. Maybe it is because I have a daughter Tash(sons Wife) I also see Tash on another site.
I have a green Fosperior with red tips and a much redder Fosperior, maybe it is a light thing. The 1 in the front garden has been there for 3 months. the 1 that is a lot more red has been under 70% shadecloth getting midday and afternoon sun. The green 1 I have had only for a couple of weeks. Nice pics.

Nev, I still have room to muck up my front garden at the moment I am trying to find out how much sun each of the plants there can take. Most will be ok where they sit but not all. I have a Vresia (Orange sundae) flowering type under the Mango tree It will get morning sun now and good light all day. It has been sitting on front porch for a few months now and it is taking more sun than I would have expected of it.

Shirley when you posted I had not even gone in search of more plants. I have included some here tonight. I love Strictly princeps. Yes I am partial to purple. I got married in a purple suit.
Cody, I got a job for you. Put your left hand on your right shoulder and your right hand on your left shoulder, give a gentle squeeze and give yourself a hug from Australia.
Have a good one.
ian
Pic 1 N Cachardon Rubra. already has a pup list.
Pic 2 N Kilauea fire
Pic 3 Crypthansus NOID
Pic 4 N Bravado
Pic 5 N Beauty to behold.
all from the markets today.