Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - July 2013, 2 by ianperry

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ianperry

In reply to: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - July 2013

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - July 2013
ianperry wrote:
Hi all, The weather has been for the last few days warm enough for shorts and tee shirt until this afternoon. I arrived home from work early today to showers and wind, both are building up and we are now having strong wind and light rain. The rush is over at work so now the weather is agin me. Patience is a virtue, posses it if you can. Often found in a woman, but rarely in a man. So they say and it is trying me now.
I decided to enter this Lime and Lava competition so it is Pic 1

Cody, Nice Gussie. I would let it grow as per Nevs suggestions. The fertiliser I use Is Manutec Bloom Booster. The important thing is the NPK. N is nitrogen P is phosphorus and K is Potassium. The balance in Australian that is in Bloom Booster is N8.2 P 14.6 K 16.8. It is different in USA. A nurseryman ought to be able to tell you the equivalent with US numbers.
They are nice looking pups and it could make a nice clump, if that is the way you decide to go.
Jean You are welcome to the cold, maybe you could trade some temp with Cody as she is hot. Shame it doesn't work that way. I think Nev would like that too. You seem to like that can of worms looking up Fireball and it's hybrids,there seems to be confusion to the origins of the name.
Sue I have Zoe and Fireball striata which I have been told are the same plant. Now I will have to grow them side by side to examine both. The same light will tell the story, I hope. I haven't heard of Eoz before but I will be looking for it.
Tris nice looking fireplace. There is nothing quite like a real fire, not only for the warmth but also it is a living thing with it's own atmosphere. Countrystyle.
Nev nice pics.
Have a good one
Ian
Pic 1 Lime and Lava
Pic 2 Bilbergia Estrelle
Pic 3&4 A soft leafed Billbergia.