Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - July 2013, 2 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - July 2013

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - July 2013
77sunset wrote:
Hello all. I do look in all the time but dont always post as I dont have a lot of pics to show.
Its absolutely freezing here because of the bitterly cold wind that came up yesterday . Overnight it was blowing a gale and I was surprised to see no real damage to anything.

I must admit I havent been any further than the back door but hubby would soon tell me if he saw any damage.

Its s till raining so I wont be going out any time soon.

My broms are still looking okay in the cold.
I think the plastic sheets over those in the shadehouses are keeping the worst of the cold off.
The greenhouse ones are lucky being totally inside.
I must say, the ones in the open shadehouse with no protection are not doing badly .

My little seedlings are still sitting on the table inside. They can stay there until Spring.
I keep watching my new seeds to see any signs of green starting.

Sue , that is so awful about the puppy. I really dont know how people can be so mean.

Looks like the sun is trying to peep out even though its raining.
I may put my coat on and brave the cold and do a quick ( very quick) run around the garden just to check on things.

I did have a bit of luck yesterday while we were over in Hamilton shopping.
Hubby had to go to the metal place where he buys all his aluminium etc and I saw a piece of poly pipe in their bin. I asked for it and was told to take it.
Its a nice piece for putting holes in as a planter for some broms. Its about 7' long with a diameter of around 5".
I will get hubby to drill large holes along it and I will suspend it horizontally .

Hope you are all getting some better weather up north.
Just a couple of old pics of the broms .

Jean.