Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - July 2013, 2 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - July 2013

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - July 2013
77sunset wrote:
Hello everyone.
Jen, clever you getting the new thread up and running.

I've been going to post for ages, but seem to keep getting sidetracked on the way .
I have been a bit domestic lately too. Cant have hubby buried in dust.

I went out between showers to get a few new pics .
Lots of zygos at the moment which I like to get pics of. Its a good year for the flowers on them.

I wont go into all the posts as I would be here forever replying.
Great pics from everyone as usual.

Lots of broms for me think I must have...lol

I hope all those that are feeling out of sorts are steadily improving.
At least the weather is forcing us all to stay inside so those that need rest will be getting it.

Nev, you will be pleased to hear that I hung most of my bills the other day. They are all up as close as I can get them to the alsinite roof so lots of light for them. I expect to see plenty of color as the weather warms later.

I have been admiring the bills on eBay over the last week but they are going a bit above my means.

I did buy a lovely neophytum Firecracker. It was sold as an orthophytum but on looking it up, I see it is a xneophytum. Very pretty thing too.
I also bought another one..orthophytum vagans variegated.

I know I was not going to buy any more broms on eBay, but I did.

A couple that were cheap and looked pretty.
From two different sellers, I now have two neos Pink Mosaic.

One is lighter in color and the other much darker. Must have been grown in different light.

My broms are still all looking great considering the cold. There are a few yellow leaves on two of the smaller vrieseas, but they should hopefully last until the warm weather gets back.
I see more new pups growing from the old Mums.

I am glad I put up the plastic to keep the rain off the broms as I think it has also protected them from the cold.
It should be warm under there whenever the sun shines.

pics 1 & 2 ... the two neo Pink Mosaics..

pic 3... vr. Kiwi Cream

pic 4 the neo I bought as Auvre, which is I think Allure.

pic 5....the very pretty othophytum vagans var.

Jean.