Photo by Melody

Upper Midwest Gardening: Spring/Summer Gardening 2013 Let's share pics and stories, 2 by nutsaboutnature

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright nutsaboutnature

In reply to: Spring/Summer Gardening 2013 Let's share pics and stories

Forum: Upper Midwest Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Spring/Summer Gardening 2013  Let's share pics and stories
nutsaboutnature wrote:
huggergirl ~ Your gardens are beautiful! I remember you talking about the staggering amount of rocks you had trucked in, in another thread...I think it was probably a couple of years ago. I love all the varieties you have and all the colors!

I'm running into the same problem you are with my Lamium 'Purple Dragon'. Also my Salvia 'Eveline'. I'm reluctant to remove any of them out because I love how they look. The Bees and Hummers also love the Salvia, but they're both spreading so much they're starting to crowd other plants. I'm going to have to resort to removing some.

I had some other big spreaders that suffered when our heavy early Spring rains flooded some of my beds. Funny, but now they've gotten a little smaller, so Mother Nature helped me out...although she also drowned some of my plants.

I love what you're doing with the Humane Society, too!! A big 2-Thumbs-Up...that's wonderful!

I think we probably all fade away from DG on occasion. I know I got so bogged down with other things that I stayed away for most of the Winter and early Spring.

juhur ~ your flowers are lovely and you have sooo many different kinds!

Well, I have blooms waiting to bloom, but not a whole lot that's new.

1) More of my SI 'Snow Queen' blooms have opened since this pic, but they aren't lasting very long this year.

2) 'Snow Queen' closer shot

3 & 4) More blooms on my Dianthus 'Indian Carpet'. Just this morning some White blooms opened as well. (All these different colors bloom on one plant).

5) Lamium 'Purple Dragon'