Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - May 2013, 2 by works4me

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - May 2013

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - May 2013
works4me wrote:
Hi all,

Nev, you are right, my pic should have been named Roberto Seidelii and as you say, it looks nothing like the pic on the BCR. It does look similar to the pic on the FCBS as a species. I read another article by Derek Butcher dated April 2008 titled “Aechmea triticina to guarapariensis to roberto-seidelii” which concludes with “please change your label to Aechmea roberto-seidelii if it looks like an A. pineliana with white flowers”. I tried to insert a link to the article but it wouldn’t work for me.

Sue, look forward to my parcel, thanks again. I was told by the seller of the ananas in my pic that it was a ‘variegated pineapple’ and that’s the only info I have … it is fairly new so I don’t really know how it will grow. Do you think it could be something else?

Bree, I love the colour in both your neos Hannibal Lector and Moon Over Fort Dix.

Trish, I really like the colour of Ae Roberto Seidelii too … it’s just a newbie so I am hoping I have it in enough light to keep it the colour it is at the moment. Love your garden pics … so much lovely colour.

My pics are 1 – neo Baker’s Tiger, 2 – neo Red Earth, 3 – Vr Platynema Variegata, 4 – Vr Forest

Bye for now, Shirley