Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Perennials: Suggestion for Edger, 2 by warriorswisdomkathy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright warriorswisdomkathy

In reply to: Suggestion for Edger

Forum: Perennials

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Suggestion for Edger
warriorswisdomkathy wrote:
Donna..did you direct sow the seed? Oh I remember wild strawberries from my youth hiking about old abandoned farmsteads. They are wonderful. I had some of the Alpine Strawberries about 20 years ago at another garden, maybe it's time to put them back in, I had totally forgotten about them.

1: Ceratostigma plumbaginoides (plumbago), low ground cover to 10", intense blue flowers late in the season, and as the temps begin to cool the foliage takes on the most beautiful shades of red while still blooming before frost.
2. The only thing I have blooming now other than the JJs which have been blooming for atleast a month. It's Iris buchanii, 6-10".
3. Aurinia saxatilis (Basket of Gold) the perennial Alyssum, 10", spring bloom and oh so fragrant.
4: Campanulas, all sorts in the genus that are low creepers and can bloom thru the summer
5: Ajuga reptans Tri Color, 6", blooms in the late spring-e. summer, and tri colored leaves.