Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Plant Markers - to use or not to use, that is the question.., 2 by FruitOfTheVine

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright FruitOfTheVine

In reply to: Plant Markers - to use or not to use, that is the question..

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Plant Markers - to use or not to use, that is the question..
FruitOfTheVine wrote:
Holly, are the metal stakes you're using like any of these? I've bought the ones called Rose stakes to mark a lot of plants from this guy, who by the way is excellent to work with: http://everlastlabel.com/

For the most part though, it's been more economical to use my P-touch machine and 1/2" laminated tape. Printed labels are then affixed to cut-up vinyl or metal mini blinds, which are pretty close to free at thrift stores. Labels going on four years old still look brand new and have not faded under intense UV light. A major plus since the majority of my gardens are in full Sun. Now, the kitties chewing on or digging up tags is a totally different story and often need to rely on back-up paper charts. But even those need updating. It's a vicious cycle and have ended up with a lot of nice NOIDS...lol

Not sure how well other colors of Sharpies hold up, but can attest after four years using a fat Red Sharpie to mark on cut up blinds with just numbers has also worked well without UV fading.