Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for the novice and addict. April 2013, 2 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: Bromeliads for the novice and addict. April 2013

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for the novice and addict. April 2013
77sunset wrote:
Hello everyone. I have been admiring all the pics and am certainly learning a lot more about broms.
We had a nice bit of rain here yesterday and the broms all look nice and fresh now.

I have potted my new ones and am slowly filling the new bench space.
I had to move some of the vrieseas as they are growing well and pushing each other .
My little seedlings are looking strong. I will hopefully have a nice lot of colorful neos to plant out.
I am waiting now to see if anything grows from the seed pod I found on the aech. recurvata.
I have no idea of what the pollen parent is as they all seem to do their own thing among themselves.
There are plenty of insects and little frogs in the greenhouse to carry pollen.

I asked a wjile ago if anyone knew about vr. Bobbie. The plant I bought didnt look like any of the pics I found.
They all seem to be plain green even when flowering.
Mine is coloring up very nicely but definitely does not look like what it should be.
I even checked on the register for any other other Bobbies. There is a neo Bobby , which again is nothing like mine being red.
I will have to contact the seller and see if anything else is known about mine.

Nev, great to hear of the wonderful progress your wife is making. Due in part to her own determination but helped along by caring family and friends.

I am off to see how the plants are all looking after their rain bath.

pic 1 ...vr. Bobbie ? coloring nicely since I put him out on the bench

pic 2... neo. concentrica, which looks really great now hes in a basket in plenty of light

pic 3 ..my newest vriesea Gultz. ..beautiful.

Jean.