Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012, 2 by perke_patch

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright perke_patch

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012
perke_patch wrote:
Hi everyone.
Nev after seeing your pics I can't wait for my secunda to flower so I can get some pups like those you showed. The guy I got a secunda from had them high in a tree but he had them also growing on the ground under the tree. he said they are perfect growing in a tree because the pups will often fall off and land down below so you can harvest and sell them. enough stay in the tree to spread. Nev are your red ribbons growing in the sun? mine aren't nearly that yellow.

Ian I love neo lavender lovely. it's one of my favourites. love those nice purple broms. there's some very nice minis appearing on here lately. I have a few of them but so many I don't have like aura although I did think it was domino till I read the blurb.

Nev the first 2 pics are for you. Earlier this year I discovered a stripey pup on a plain green flowering vrisea. I thought the stripes would disappear but yesterday I discovered it again and stripes are still very evident. I know when I potted the 2 pups I kept them and mum together in a single tray and always meant to do labels for the pups but never got around to it. now mum is gone ... probably down the mums area down back and I'm not sure which one is the other pup so no records. anyway I will flower this one and see what pups are produced from her. So lesson learned ... always take time to do labels because things happen and memories are not reliable.

Haven't got anything more to share at present so I'll be off to take a leaf out of Trish's book and go make a cuppa now.

Night
Wendy