Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012, 2 by bromishy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bromishy

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012
bromishy wrote:
Hi Everyone!

Quick post tonight, just got back from a nice walk and swim and now eating some frozen mango from our mango tree - ah it feels like summer. Even the pooches are eating mango, they luv it as well as watermelon.

Thanks Nev and Sue regarding feedback on Ae Mirlo, I looked it up today and got to see a picture of the beautiful red and cream flower it gets which looks really nice.

Thanks Nev for the additional info about Germaine, I have never come across her stuff on EBay, anyway hopefully one day we get to see her stocking and selling beautiful broms again.

Sue Wow you have been really busy, everything look so wonderful and organised, look at all those beautiful broms.you have for sale, sure you will get a great deal of interest from present and new customers. You must have such a beautiful and big property to be able to house so many broms. I cant wait to see how the finished shadehouse turns out full of broms, it would be nice to see the finished outcome, you know how much we all like to drule lol.

Thanks Sue for the offer of a brom swap, I will keep an eye on the pics you post and see if anything takes my fancy.

Bree I agree with you the Gympies a really nice, I just brought a Gympie Lavender Lace also and I think it is really cute and sweet. The Gympie Delight you sent me is doing really well. I am really looking forward to collecting some of the other one's that are out there also.

Bree I checked on the Pup NOID I am going to send you, it is growing really well and is just starting to show signs of flecks of color, I will see how much more it grows in another month and if it looks big enough then I will look at separating it from mum. I have since discovered a couple of more pups on the same NOID that I have in different pots so it will be nice to pop these in different spots around the yard to see how they go as all of these are in full sun at present with not one trace of leaf damage anywhere so this one should do great in your sunny garden.

Wendy I saw Ensign on EBay last night, it still had a few days to go I think if you are still looking for one?

Ian your pic of Neo Mini Fall in Love is really nice, I especially like how the leaves are more pointed in appearance rather than the usual rounded ends, something different which is nice.

Anyway, catch you all later - good night!

Happy Gardening!

Trish

Pic 1 and 3 are night shots that Joe took of just some of the recent purchases.