Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012, 2 by weed_woman

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012
weed_woman wrote:
good morning all. I have woken to the sound of thunder and the pitter patter of very small rain drops. Yay. We need the rain, but I hope there is a break later this morning, as I want to go and visit a couple of Brom friends and see their collections! I'll take the gumboots and umbrella just in case.
Nev, I love Nidularium litmus, and like the way you have taken the photos of the changes. I thought I had been sold the wrong plant when it first flowered pink,but after the blooms faded, it turned a lovely lilac/blue.
Wendy, how good is it that there is a training school for vets that Max can go to. I think, as most of us are dog owners, we can understand your reluctance to let go of Max just yet. It is lucky you are in a position to pay the bills. I hope the wedding goes off without a .....hitch, thats not quite the right word eh? heh heh.
Well, I was stunned to read it was a different Barry's house we went to, as he was introduced as Barry Cable, and I have been referring to him as that ever since. how embarrassing! I did get both the Tillandsia scheidiana yellow, minor and major, and had a flower on the minor this year. I think the major is throwing a spike now?
Shirley, I usually cook the peat for about 5 minutes also, with the lid on, but the sphagnum, only a couple of minutes. I actually had the timer on for one minute but at 31 seconds I heard it go 'Bang'. All good anyway, and I got my Billbergia 'Estrella' seeds sown. Like you, I hope my Neoregelia 'Fairytale' turns out like Brees, as I have taken a couple of pups off to grow on in the brom house, where they might get a bit more light.
Photo one is a Neo NOID that is green in shade, and takes full sun now hat its been grown here a couple of years. It also grows in a pot with a saucer, and has never suffered rot. It gets a little bit bigger than shown. any ideas?
Photo two is T. fuchsii forma gracillis in flower.
Photo three is Alcantarea brasiliana AGAIN!
Photo four is our bromeliad chandelier hanging from a gum tree branch
Photo five is Billbergia 'Poquito Mas'
Till tomorrow
Sue

This message was edited Nov 9, 2012 6:45 AM