Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for novices & addicts, October 2012, 2 by ianperry

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ianperry

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices & addicts, October 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for novices & addicts, October 2012
ianperry wrote:
Hi all. We had a bit of rain yesterday but not enough to do any real good. Washed a bit of dust off and dampened the top of soil. We would really like some more. I seem to be in the middle of cleaning up my yard and pruning leaving little time for my broms. I found some time today to pot up some Acanthrostaccys strobilla seedlings. I also potted up some Porteas, I am not sure which one but they had purple berries like small grapes.

Shirley to answer your question about Miltons. Yes it is Milton anti-bacterial tablets,disinfectant hospital grade, bought from Woolies at the strength of 1 tablet in 2 litres of water. I sprayed my seedlings with this mix today , the ones that I potted up.
There are a lot of nice plants being shown by all and my wish list is growning. I had no luck in lastnights Ozlotto either Trish, a small share would be nice.
Pic 2 shows a tree that I wish would just come home with me from work. It could be a spectacular Brom display tree.
Pic 1 is a til in flower but I do not know it;s name.
Have a good one
Ian