Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for novices & addicts, October 2012, 2 by works4me

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices & addicts, October 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for novices & addicts, October 2012
works4me wrote:
Hi all, it's much cooler today after some very welcome and much needed rain late yesterday. The wind is blowing again and it’s still quite overcast so maybe we will get some more rain over the next couple of days, hope so anyway.

Trish, glad to hear your vrieseas are germinating. I have some neos and vrieseas just showing thru and like you, not sure where to go from here ... I will be interested in reading any advice you get. My neo Old Love Letters is one of the many in flower at the moment, so maybe some pups not too far off.

Sue, thanks for sharing the info on seed raising. Like Trish, it is my first attempt of growing from seed. So far, so good, I have neo and vriesea seeds germinating and hopefully at least some of my new babies will grow to adulthood.

Ian, l had to look really hard to find the ‘thief’ in your pic but finally spotted him.

I have a neo, Chlorostricta F2 X from which I have removed 4 or 5 pups over the last six months or so, the last one only yesterday. Mum is still going strong and looking pretty good and still happily pupping away but one of the pups is already flowering even though still only about half grown. I’m guessing it won’t grow any bigger now and wonder why it should flower so soon and so small.

I also have some new neo pups and will attach pics.

Till tomorrow, bye,

Shirley

This message was edited Dec 21, 2012 8:25 PM