Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Brugmansia springtime #1, 2 by

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright

In reply to: Brugmansia springtime #1

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Brugmansia springtime #1
wrote:
Good morning everyone, I hope you all are not expecting the 36C with high winds, that we expect our way today. A bit scary.
i hate to think what it would mean to cool climate Brugs (and it isn't Summer yet !). Good luck everyone with your coldies, looks like a hot Summer ahead, unlike the past few.

It is still hard going out there in my Brug garden, the poor things are putting out the new leaves and because the day temps are way up it is like mid Summer heat, not a great thing.
I did find these opened over night, quite pale but cute, these are Wayne's Brugs, PP x ? I can't get up close.
1)2) 3)
Winged beans popping up ...amazing considering the cool nights (must be the heat of the day that does it). 4)

Jungle in the early morning sun ...as you can see the tall sticks are just starting up in that area, it got some frosts over Winter but is slowly recovering. So late this year ... 5)
I worry about the babies in this kind of heat, but what can you do ? I have to work today (am working most of the time now as hubby can't do much at the moment, but his wound is healing thank goodness.
I hope everyone has a lovely bruggy day in the garden.

chrissy :-)