Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for novices & addicts, October 2012, 2 by bromishy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bromishy

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices & addicts, October 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for novices & addicts, October 2012
bromishy wrote:
Hi Everyone!

Hi Nev thanks for the additional information on Original Seasol Fertiliser, I purchased some on the weekend and have already started using on my vegetable seedlings.

Nev luved all your pics as always, especially Neo Running River, what a stunner.!

Nev the first thread that I posted back on 13/10 NOID Pic 3 is fully grown and coloured. Nev the second thread that I posted back on 13/10 Pic 2 is a Neo NOID that I purchased from the Townsville Orchid Show for $10 with no label (the seller did not know its’ name), at the time I thought it might have been Neo Cherry Jam or similar but to this day I still do not know what it is but I luv how big it has grown and how well it has coloured up. Nev you are very correct the third thread that I posted back on 13/10 Pic 3 is Billbergia Pyramidalis ‘Kyoto’, if you do not have Kyoto let me know and when I get a pup I will put one aside for you.

Nev thanks I will plan to get in touch with Robb Smythe via email as he sounds like a very interesting person that knows a lot about everything to do with brom’s, hopefully one day I can meet him in person.

Nev so true what you say ‘Best Buy a Farm’ lol given how addicted I am to collecting broms. We have fruit trees, vegetable / herb gardens, the only thing we are missing is the farm animals and more space for bromeliads lol.

Hi Bree, thanks glad to hear you liked my broms and thanks for trying with the NOID, I will keep trying to find out what it is? Did you get my D-Mail or did my attempt fail?

Hi Shirley, thanks glad to hear you liked my broms; I also really liked your Neo Devils Ruby and Neo Oli Blush Nova and Galactic Warrior. Yeah how exciting is it to see so many neo’s in flower. Yes by all means would be more than happy to swap with anyone when I get some pups happening, I just want to make sure I keep a small stock pile of each different one that I have in case I was too loose one as at the moment of have singulars of everything apart from the odd plant here and there that I luved that much I had to buy 2 of.

Hi Sue thanks for trying to identify my NOID. Luved all your pics and especially the Den. Orchid, I showed Joe and he really likes it especially because its’ such a bright and cheerful colour.

Sue yes your right that 2nd Pic was of Ae. Rodco – Inverta in flower, it is the first time I have seen it flower and I was de-leafing it the other day and realised the leaf I was pulling near the flower was in fact part of the flower lol, now I know for the next time it flower and have let Joe know so he does not try doing what I did, lucky the flower is still in one piece. The flower and leaves coming off the flower remind me of native flowers.

Anyway time to put the kettle on.

Happy gardening!

Pic 1 Neo NOID - any idea's?
Pic 2 Vr. You Beaut F2
Pic 3 Vr. The Daintree x Illusion
Pic 4 Neo Concentrica Johannis
Pic 5 Vr. Kiwi Sunset