Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM #113

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of TEA ROOM  #113
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone.
Its cloudy at the moment but yesterday was a lovely warm day, so it may be the same later .
Hubby says the forecast is for a shower of rain maybe later today then back to warm during the week.

I weeded along the irises and as I have been painting the weeds around the iris plants, was able to do it all easily.
I also sprayed a bit more Roundup on the berry plants.
They have turned so rampant and we get no berries after the birds have been at them.
It is useless keeping them there.
I end up with a great mound of prickly plants that need to be cut every year and nothing to show for it.
Besides, the darn things put down roots wherever a bit touches the ground. I have gone from 4 plants to about a dozen .

I will put something nicer there when they die right off.

Today I am going to repot some of the brugs that I have left near the shadehouse, then they will go down the side with the others for summer.

I have anice lot of Dutch Iris out now, but it seems the white and the blue are more dominant as the lovely bronze I planted have never come up. I may try again later and keep them away from the others.

Dianne, My lilacs are looking the best ever, I have the usual old fashioned mauve and another in the same color but it has smaller leaves and rounder flower heads. The whole plant is more rounder in growth rather than the usual upright lilac style.
The perfume is gorgeous.
I have tried growing the pink and white from cuttings but no success.
I must look for plants instead.

Teresa, you are lucky being able to buy your things in the shop where you work.
I can just see you and Sugar in your matching coats.
Sounds like she is going to be a champion when she gets going among the older dogs .

Hope hubby gets home and back to good health quickly , Chrissy.

Anthony, dahlias should love your area and being among the liliums.
I cannot find any of the pics I took a few years ago of the hundreds in the Portland Gardens.
A pity, because the area is so beautiful with them all in full flower.

I am off again to finish the last bit of weeding, then water my beans, The climbing beans are all up now and the snow peas need their stakes put in so they can lean on them.
The broad beans are now tall enough to be damaged by any wind so they will have their rows tied around with string and stakes.

Hello to all looking in ..
Charleen, Moon, Al, Karen, Colleen and I hope Sue is doing okay wherever she is.

Dianne, the pic below is my other lilac.

Heres you morning tea snack....Orange Chiffon Cake.

Enjoy the day
Jean.