Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for novices & addicts, October 2012, 2 by ianperry

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ianperry

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices & addicts, October 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for novices & addicts, October 2012
ianperry wrote:
Hi all, What a collection of good piccies shown by all, some more appealing than others but each to their own. Just to follow up on Nudicaulis types. i found that I have 7 different ones, obviously they cannot all be correctly named. I am wondering what other quick ID marks there are for me to learn about. I am aware of the indented colours of concentricas and now the thumb prints and I bet there are a lot more.
Mushroon scale is a soft bodied scale similar to what Nev andsomeone else described. It could be just a local name, I will have to search for it at the moment because I clean it up as soon as I find it. I have been told it is not really harmful but it doesn't look nice. Sensitive weed is one of the prayer plants and it is so dry up here at the moment I will have to really search for some to photograph.With luck someone close by is watering their lawn.
Vinegar and salt will kill any plant it is put on. When I mix it I dissolve as much salt as the vinegar will absorb and then paint it on.
The weed in with N Macho is an Oxali with pink flowers, i like the flowers.
Have a good one
Ian
Pic 1 Nudicaulis vae 4 varieties
Pic 2 nudicaulis Zebrina
Pic 3 Nudicaulis red form