Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Orchids: September's Back to School Orchids, 2 by hawkarica

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright hawkarica

In reply to: September's Back to School Orchids

Forum: Orchids

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of September's Back to School Orchids
hawkarica wrote:
Wow, I went to choir practice last night and missed all of this action. Great show, Laurel, and it is nice to have you back. I am especially fond of the Bc. Richard Mueller cross. No sign of a bloom spike on my rattlesnake yet but it is her season. And thanks for mentioning the Brassavola cucullata. I think it is the best orchid I posted this month and it got passed everyone.

MJ, the best guard dogs I know about are in Apopka and Laurel will confirm that. I adore your Christensonia vietnamica x Vanda cristata. Very nice!

Elaine, I'll take one of the monk's orchids and grow it in a pot in the OC, thanks. I also have to scratch my head when I read the official Florida invasive list. I have a well behaved Black Surinam cherry that is always labled invasive. It produces enough cherries to feed me and the critters and I say it stays.

Also, thanks everyone for the kind words. I think this is a good site where I have learned a lot and made some friends. Let's work together to keep it going.

I have another new one that opened last night. This is L. tenebrosa X Blc. Chinese Bronce 'Marco Polo'.

Jim