Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012, 2 by springer99

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright springer99

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012
springer99 wrote:
Good morning everyone :)

LOL, so glad you are enjoying it Trish, yup I remember doing pretty much what you are, running in to see if there were any posts and it being one of the highlights to my day.... kind of still is, lol. (Just have more places to check now, ha ha ha).
Lovely photos, well grown by the looks and a big yipeeee about the pup on MilkyWay X platynema, very exciting!

Ian a big welcome to you! I think you and I have probably been into broms for around the same period of time! he he he. We got our first few years ago, but we were not collectors then, they were just a couple of plants to go in the garden. It was about Feb or March last year that we became brom obsessed! It is amazing what you can collect in plants and knowledge in such a relatively short period of time. Good on you about the seeds, it's fun huh?

Well we did a big tip out on the neo's yesterday to try and find anything starting to flower, as I am still at a loss for what I am going to be able to cross my Mac Tiger. Well I am happy now, nothing too fantastic is in flower, but that's ok, i will store the pollen from Mac Tiger for when I have what I want in flower, but in the meantime I do have some coming in that should be good to use.
I was a bit disappointed to see my Jewellery Shop is flowering too, bugga, it was looking so nice! Oh well, that will mean pups soon I guess.

I mounted my first two Tills yesterday as well, so I thought that was pretty cleaver and I was happy with the results. One is just a tiny one, the other is quite big and grows into a big stiff Till, not one of them itty bitty ones, so one day I might get a name on it. When it flowers in years to come. A friend of mine was given two of them, both old mums with a pup on each, so he gave us one, and when the pup was big enough I took it off in the hope mum might throw another. My friend said he didn't think it would, but no harm in trying..... well it is :)

Ok well, I hope you are all well, Spring is basically upon us
Cheers Tash