Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012, 2 by works4me

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012
works4me wrote:
Hi all, still no rain here in Brissie … think it’s been 40 days now, gardens are starting to look at bit dry, shrubs and trees beginning to look wilted, some losing foliage. I should get out and water but every day the weather bureau predicts rain or storms and I let it go another day. Possible storm tomorrow and/or Friday is today’s forecast.

Hi Karen, love your unnamed mini in the second pic. I think your noid in pic 3 looks like neo Mauve Star, I will post a pic of mine and also neo Enchantment, a favourite of mine too.

Tash, your brom house is looking great and lovely colour in your bill Hallelujah.

Ian, welcome to the forum. I am way too impatient to start growing broms from seed, I am often tempted but … well, actually I have tried a couple of times but wasn’t successful. Lucky you with all those seedlings, you must be doing something right. I am sure you will hit it off with Nev, who is always looking for another male to join the forum as he feels outnumbered by the ladies … so he says :o)

Gee Trish, I reckon I would be reclaiming the nursery or at least part of it, especially for your lovely vrieseas. Better still, if hubby wants to use that one for his orchids, if I were you, I would be insisting that he build you a new one, but I don’t want to start any domestics, LOL.

Nev, hope you knee is improving.

It’s getting late so I’ll catch up tomorrow.

Bye for now, Shirley