Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012, 2 by springer99

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright springer99

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012
springer99 wrote:
Hi Everyone, how are you all going, loving all the photos as usual :)

A big Welcome to Trish, I'm sure like Shirley said you will find this a wonderful forum and with loads of great information. Quite a few of us started right here, including me :) I'm up North past Cairns, so it's nice to have another North Queenslander on here :)

Sue that little bridge and water way looks amazing, you are so lucky to have a property to do that kind of thing on. I hope you don't cop the kind of flooding you had last time though :)
The new seedling area looks good Wendy and looks like you picked up a couple of nice Vrieseas.
Everyones Aechmea orlandiana's look good, we have the normal one, Rainbow and Reverse Ensign. Still never got the real Ensign, lol.
Wow Nev that clump on Bill. Hallelujah is pretty cool. I was only looking at our Hallelujah the other day and I was surprised how the pup looks quite different to the mum. I have noticed so many crosses are done with Hallelujah yet it seems to be quite a variable grower itself. Mine has taken a long time to give a pup it seems, (it probably hasn't in all honesty I'm just being impatient, lol) cause I would love to see it as a nice big clump. I'll find a pic.
Nothing much else happening, haven't brought anything new in a while, just a big Alc bunnings the other day. Before that I think the latest acquisitions were Vriesea Super Nova and Snows Of Manua Kea, both just babies.

Well pic one is Bill Hallelujah and the 2nd pic is just a quick snap in the brom house the other day.

Have a great day everyone
Tash