Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012, 2 by weed_woman

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012
weed_woman wrote:
good morning. Just you and I Wendy? I think I will paint that tub, but only have the house colours to choose from, unless I buy paint specifically for it. Maybe just tidy it up with a cream?
Not sure really. My other choices would be brunswick green or manor red.
The days are just beautiful, although the temps were pretty hot yesterday, but this morning is a bit cooler. We've decided to give the cars a clean, which is a waste of time really, with all the roadworks around here, but its a good opportunity to check them over. We used to do it every weekend when we lived in suburbia. Wash the cars and mow the lawns and still have half a day to play! Around here the yard can take all week....all year!
My mulch arrived yesterday, so its sitting in the driveway composting for the next week or so, and I've bought a sack of dynamic lifter to spread before I mulch. I'm also going to apply dolomite to try and keep the acidity down. I'll have to water it well before and after, to try and keep the smell down, as the dogs will be rooting around in the mulch trying to eat the fertiliser! Anyway, thats a week away at least. Hubby and I will try and tackle the bridge this weekend , or next. I only have a few more pavers to make and then we are up to the hard bit.
Shirley, I took a pic of Alc. heloisae on my phone, so I will work out how to get it here and put it on, or, i could just take another this afternoon on my usual camera.
Hubby has just bought me breakfast in bed, so I am off!
Bree, will email you tonight.
Sue
photo one is Alc. extensa with V. tuerkheimii behind
photo two is a succulent in flower