Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012, 2 by weed_woman

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012
weed_woman wrote:
Morning everyone. What a beautiful day we had yesterday, 27 degrees and sunshine! Yes, it is getting dusty, but so nice not to wear the gumboots nd be on the look out for leeches!Thanks for the compliments on the garden. A lot of work has gone in there over the years, i can tell you!
Wendy, sounds like you had a good score with the Alc seed of both types. Is Jen still not well enough to drop in? I'd love to see a pic of her vinicolour, and wonder did she get one of it in flower? Did I miss that somewhere?
Shirley, I'm pretty sure I've gained a couple of kilos this winter too! The loose jeans are now a good fit! I'm not game to get on the scales. Now that the weather is warmer and drier, I might start doing the walk around the block a bit more. Its only when I walk outside, I get side tracked in the garden.
I forgot the pic of A.heloisae, as I had some visitors arrive yesterday afternoon, so I was busy doing a potato bake and salads, and running around picking up and putting stuff away. Sometimes i need visitors for a bit of motivation. I will get one later today, when the sun is on it, as thats when it looks its best.
I hope your back has eased up somewhat. I am a long time sufferer of a weak back, and have to constantly think about what I am doing, and how I am doing it. I have a pair of movers trolleys, so there is always one handy when ever I need to move something. I've had to give up gardening for work because of it, and only garden for myself now. It also makes it hard to consider other types of work, as alot of what I am interested in, requires lifting of some sort. Anyway, i hope your injury is nothing serious and make sure you take care of it properly. Your Vriesea 'Galaxy' is only a baby and I'm sure will grow to look absolutely stunning. Lucky you!I attempted to get some photos off my computer last night, but had no luck. I think I need a different connection. The photos really aren't that good, so I'm not going to bother, but I am sure I will visit the brom ladies garden again in the future, so I'll get more then.
meanwhile
photo one is azaleas, Alcs, kalanchoes and my laundry tub
photo two is the laundry tub. I got the idea from a photo in facebook. Do you think I should paint the outside of the tub?