Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: Summer Container Gardening, 2 by sunkissed

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright sunkissed

In reply to: Summer Container Gardening

Forum: Specialty Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Summer Container Gardening
sunkissed wrote:
I saw the turtle Lily, I saw it before and could swear I posted afterwards, but don't see my post.

Love how beautiful the flowers are looking. The Queen Emma is just amazing. What a nice plant to have in the garden.

Springcolor, love those colorful containers.

My wonderful Aunt Phurby passed away this past month, she was 93 and lived a full life at home until her last days. She was a gardener and my mentor. I'm happy to have some items that were in her garden now in mine to carry on her love of gardening.

I found a few old galvanized metal watering cans around her garden, although they have a few rusty hole in the bottom they make nice for nice garden decor.

A very heavy cement birdbath, she has had this for as long as I can remember.

A nice strawberry pot, was very neglected but it does have some succulents still in it, with some love and tender care it ought to come back nicely.

Some more succulents, one she gave me years ago, the other I found hidden in some bushes in her garden.

She painted this vintage metal ash bucket a pretty pink, looks nice on my yellow chair I found at a garage sale for two bucks.

Now I can walk around my garden and always see her treasures...and hold a place in my heart for her always. ☺