Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012, 2 by works4me

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to post
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012
works4me wrote:
Hi everyone, rather windy here today … good drying weather. Still a nice warm, sunny day though.

Wendy, it’s nice to hear that Johnny’s mum had a good day when he and his brother and sister went to visit. It’s a really stressful time and I hope you are both holding up OK.

We will have to arrange a time to come and visit when we can have a bit of a chat and I really like the idea of getting hold of some of Johnny’s vrieseas :o) Very happy with the broms we got on Friday. I hope your sale continues to go well. I must try to remember to take photos tomorrow of my neo Peggy Bailey, neo Jaws, neo Jaws Too and another which is just tagged neo Carolinae x Carcharadon. As I mentioned to you, my neo Peggy Bailey looks quite different but I really love it.

Nev, we get quite a lot of koalas here and wallabies too. The koalas get very noisy in Sept-Oct … mating season … and even if we don’t see them during the day, we can hear them at night. We know we are very privileged to have them visit and we love to see them.

Sue, we have the same problem with our dog. If he sniffs manure or fertilizer (even fish emulsion) he will attempt to eat it and too bad for any plant that happens to be in the way.

Anyway, we have to get up early in the morning as we want to go to the markets. It gets so crowded it’s almost like sideshow alley at the Ekka. There are always lots of lovely plants for sale and the early bird gets the brom !!!

Bye for now, Shirley

Tonights pics are both neo pups 1. Is neo Aztec 2. neo Gladiator

This message was edited Aug 19, 2012 10:05 PM