Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Central Midwest Gardening: August 2012, very hot and very dry., 2 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: August 2012, very hot and very dry.

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of August 2012, very hot and very dry.
shortleaf wrote:
Haha! Well, they said it was average 7 feet something deep in the Missouri River, I doubt that the Mississippi is that shallow, it's a bigger river. I think they dredged or something, I think there is some sort of "trench" for barge traffic. The River isn't going anywhere, I saw a barge going right down the middle of it 2 days ago! : ) The walking across it part is just something people say when we haven't had rain..lol! I kinda doubt you could walk across much more than a few feet of it, after that I think one would be swimming with the fishes! If I were to drive off a bridge accidently, I think I'd want the River to be higher tho, I don't want to get stuck in the mud! I see it quite a bit, I don't think I'd want to try walking across it! lol

The schooling is going, I get more confused every day!

You like that Christmas can with my Cholla cactus in it eh juhur? Yesterday, I did that Prickly-Pear the same way, I cut off some pads and stuck them around it in the dirt, I'm trying to avoid the "1 or 2 stem, leggy look" on it too. I took a photo, just for you juhur, the side with the snowy Christmas scene!! : ) Here is the Prickly Pear yesterday after I cut on it. - Here is your Christmas Cactus! - That's one of my SpiderPlants behind it.

Boy, this Blackberry "root cutting" is still green 51 days after I dug it up! -

This message was edited Aug 15, 2012 8:08 PM