Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012, 2 by weed_woman

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012
weed_woman wrote:
Hi Shirley, not sure about being full of energy, but I do find it hard to stop and relax. It can be a pain, literally, as my back muscle are weak and it doesn't take much to leave me sore, but once I get my teeth into a good project, I keep going until its done........usually.
Liquid fertiliser for all Alcs is great. You will lose some of the winter colour as the weather warms, and also when fertilising, the plant will become more green. Just a normal fert, like thrive or something, made up at half strength and applied fortnightly is sufficient, and is better than giving them nothing. Of course, if you are short of room, don't fertilise, and they will take much longer to get big!
crikey, that N. 'Nelson' has wide leaves. Is it a big plant?
I did a quick wander around the garden with the camera yesterday afternoon,and the sun was quite low, so it was a little hard to get any good photos, but I think I managed a few
first is a Neo that I believe is 'Sunday Best'?
Second is a little unnamed Neo, but he's nice and dark, a bit on the purple side.
third is Vriesea phillipo coburgii
fourth is the underside of Alc. 'Silver Plum'
And last is a bloom on Oncidium 'Sharry baby' which smells like chocolate. Yummmmm
Sue