Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Tropicals & Tender Perennials: finally a couple Blooms in the Basement, 2 by joeswife

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright joeswife

In reply to: finally a couple Blooms in the Basement

Forum: Tropicals & Tender Perennials

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of finally  a couple Blooms in the Basement
joeswife wrote:
I am hoping to see the first orchid cactus and the firstbloms of phicks cross I grew from a seed I purchased. no rain here so watering almost 6 hours a day total for all gardens. I don't water the grass out front as no one else does on our block. we all have burmuda out there. My back yard is lush because I am paying out the ying yang to water. I am even draining the washer rinse water outside now. insidebasement garden is where peach versi, milk n honey, and the phicks cross are. I have buds on betty marshall outside. Here is Kaitlyn, bless her heart, she blomed all winter until april.
She looks to be gearing up for some flushes as soon as it rains I bet thee are buds. Silly rain lillys think it is raining because it gets cloudy and then I water. All the rain keeps going past and around us. *sigh*
new arbor on south east fence, since all the trees and 11 ft shrubs have been whacked out by the neighbors. It is very sunny ou there, but this area has shade by 1 pm
here is the other arch on the north east corner of the patio.. we moved it from the middle to the corner so we could walk out that way off the pario. I have built shade with living walls of sunflowers and morning glorys. the brugs on the pario are opposife this arch.
This used to be the bean patch. We got almost a bushel of beans this year . now it is full of tomatoes, peppers, moring glorys , maranthus, lilac de fleur moon flower, mariglds, zinnia, sunflowers, and a number of other things. including my banana tree.
I bulit this living wall of vines to shade the squash... it seems to work.. 4 o clocks are opposite this view.
I will show you the brugs outside next post. sorry to hog the thread.