Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 110, 2 by lycodad

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright lycodad

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 110

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 110
lycodad wrote:
'Lo again. Oh, wow, I mean.., guess you folks don't mine me talkin' here! Okay, I can be chatty, too. Especially when threre's good food around.

We seem to be at the exact opposite of seasons as most of you are chillin' while we're baking in record heat of the summer. I'm just starting to pick my early fresh tomatoes, which we haven't had since last October. These are "Tumblers" which I grew in large pails in and off our indoor patio, started from seed in mid-March. They are small, about golf ball size but good for salads and eating out of hand. Have to admit, some don't quite make it to the table when I'm standing near the garden. The main garden crop won't come ripe until about second week in August.

This is my GD Olivia "Livey", now almost 5 years old and entering primary school in September. A lovely gardener from the very start. She is a big sister to twin babies just recently born in March a little boy and girl. The whole family was visiting over the weekend for a yard sale event.

Yes, I have been to Australia, actually Sydney, but only time enough to refuel our troop plane on it's way to Saigon during the 60's. Lovely place only wish I had more time to see it. Still on my bucket list.

Al