Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Perennials: Perennial Gardens in drought, 2 by Pfg

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Pfg

In reply to: Perennial Gardens in drought

Forum: Perennials

Back to post
Photo of Perennial Gardens in drought
Pfg wrote:
The drought explains the deer's sudden interest in my gardens! I've seen occasional chunks out of a hosta here and there in years past, but assumed there was so much available in all the open land around here they couldn't be bothered with my goodies, just took the odd nibble while passing through. Last week for the first time, they clearly hung out here and had a good meal. They got phlox and lily buds and decimated huge hosta clumps, in several different areas.

So last week I searched out the Liquid Fence I bought 5 years ago and only used once, and sprayed their favorites liberally. I'll try to be diligent for the rest of the summer in hopes that they can be deterred from making this place their favorite new restaurant!

I've been told they get used to products after a while so that they don't work any more... Have you tried switching to another brand to see if that stops them?

Good luck to both of us!

Pam