Photo by Melody

Florida Gardening: sticky white substance found on my red peppers HELP!!!, 2 by jamibad

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright jamibad

In reply to: sticky white substance found on my red peppers HELP!!!

Forum: Florida Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of sticky white substance found on my red peppers HELP!!!
jamibad wrote:
I did pull some of the leaves, and I did spray with a mixture of 1 tbls. of Palmolive dish soap and water in a regular size spray bottle, I'll go to the store tomorrow and get the castile soap, and spray again, and also remove the rest of the leaves that show signs of damage. As for dry leaves, They're not dry, just droopy from the afternoon sun, when you do a container garden, the water evaporates quicker, than if the plant was in the ground. And Spider Mites, what do they look like, I can google it, here's the other thing that I'm curious about, I have jalapeno peppers, and poinsettia peppers, and they are fine. I wonder why the white fly like's the red pepper plants, and not them. Really weird, This is my first year doing a container garden, I love it, as I always put everything in the ground, and the stuff would die by the mid summer. This year I did seeds in on my lanai, I had grow lights and started them in January, and than transplanted them into containers, I than put everything in the yard after the last frost we had, which , I think was late Feb. Everything was beautiful, and I had a good bounty so far, just wondering why these whiteflys decided to use my red peppers as a breeding ground. Thanks for the info, Here's some pictures of my yard, I live in a town house, so space was limited, but i made the best of the space I had.