Hydrangeas: Oakleaf Snowflake Question, 2 by DonnaMack

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DonnaMack

In reply to: Oakleaf Snowflake Question

Forum: Hydrangeas

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Oakleaf Snowflake Question
DonnaMack wrote:
My experience with all three has been nothing but excellent. Snowflake is the one that makes my heart beat fastest. So spectacular! So huge! It stops traffic. I love the different and unusual in a plant that is relatively widely available, at least up here.

Alice is like a more delicate kind of Snowflake. Perhaps 80% of the size of Snowflake. It's more demure, and when I put the two together, I find myself completely charmed by it. I wouldn't choose it over Snowflake, but I love having both.

When I was given an Endless Summer, I appreciated the gesture, because it was a big one. And it was being heavily promoted, which always turns me off. But I found a great place for it, and did my usual research on "ok plant, what do you want"? Then it turned into a gorgeous thing. That is why I am so happy to have found the new ones. This is a plant that is substantial and beautiful. It has more heft and a feeling of mass than the oakleafs, and forms a great contrast. I love the progression of the flowers. The last picture is in fall, on a foggy morning, with the grasses beginning to bloom. It gives you an idea of the size.