Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Central Midwest Gardening: June 2012- Feels way too much like July!!, 2 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: June 2012- Feels way too much like July!!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

Back to post
Photo of June 2012- Feels way too much like July!!
shortleaf wrote:
Yes happy belated birthday happ! Hey, I think POSSIBLY my Blackberry starts might be taking off! I'll know more in a few days when these little wisp-of-leaves looking things either get bigger and look like leaves or they were just whatchacoms to deceive me! I know you don't see the full size photos but maybe you can still see the little nub looking things about halfway up the stems? Maybe this crazy heat made a big difference this time, maybe they really love it or something. I water them every day too. It is now 98° - http://www.kshb.com/subindex/weather/forecast/7_day_forecast It is forecast to be in the low hundreds all week except one day and that day 99.

My Grandparents are such misers, I called my Mom and told her it is real hot in their house, I was over there yesterday taking them some groceries, even at 7p I was sweating in there. They have 2 air conditioners but they are so frugal (cheap) that they keep them off! I told them to turn them on all the time, it is going to be stifling hot. My Mom was over there this morning, she got my message. I'm going to have to keep going over there this Summer and make sure it's on. They both have Alzheimers, my Grandfather pretty bad. He doesn't even realize it's real hot I don't think, and my Grandmother is the person that keeps the ac off. She says he turns it off but I don't think so. They aren't broke or anything, their just frugal as heck! They are from the day when everything cost a nickel.
Oh, the life of a Grandchild!
Will