Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Garden Pests and Diseases: my pereskia needs help ( leaf cactus), 2 by jojoe70

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright jojoe70

In reply to: my pereskia needs help ( leaf cactus)

Forum: Garden Pests and Diseases

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of my pereskia needs help ( leaf cactus)
jojoe70 wrote:
philistine,thank you so much.That sounds like some good advice.I have been thinking about doing exactly that.

I have re-potted the plant it is now in a chunky mix actually it's an exotic orchid mix of bark,charcoal & arcilite (sp) it's rock.The leaves are now few and far in between,especially after the re-pot knocked a lot of leaves of.The stems seem healthy and believe it or not it seems to be still trying to produce new growth.

I'm just a little nervous about how far to cut it back.This plant roots so easy i may be able to root what i cut off.I am curious to see if a rooting off that plant would grow healthy.If the rooting does the same as parent plant then I know it's a virus & to burn the plant.

The plant was in direct light earlier in the spring when it wasn't very hot and when the sun got closer,hotter i should have moved it out of the direct hot sun.I waited to late.So your advice does fit and makes since.

I have been going to post pictures of re-potting it.It's not 1 plant it's a bunch of cuttings.Took me for-ever to re-pot.

The last picture is the mix i use only this time i didn't add anything to it.Some plants i add a little soil or peat.