Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: After the swap 2, 2 by Gitagal

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gitagal

In reply to: After the swap 2

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of After the swap 2
Gitagal wrote:
Gooseberry was my first guess too. I have a Gooseberry bush, but it does nor bear fruit much.
It lives 3' away from the Maple next to my :YUK" bed.

This is a separate, raised bed that used to hold my N. Sea Oats. Trying to kill it...it keeps coming up.
Originally, it was where 2 Whiskey Barrels sat. In ONE season--the Maple roots invaded them
through the bottom hole and made digging in there impossible. In a couple more years--it was no use.
So--we peeled away the pieces of the Wh. barrels and then I asked my then DH to just build a bed around them

At one end of this bed is my Gooseberry bush. How it survives--I do not know!
Want to, somehow, dig it up and pot it in a lg. planter to grow free of all the choking tree roots.
I "inherited" this G. bush from an old Estonian man who is long, long deceased. It makes tasty Gooseberries....

I need to remove all the rotten landscape ties supporting this pile of junk (somehow...) and then de-construct this bed.
Then level it out a bit--put some paver blocks on top and it will give me a place to put some pots on.

Fencing problems part deleted.

This message was edited Jun 4, 2012 9:58 AM