Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Central Midwest Gardening: May 2012-Plants done Blooming?, 2 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: May 2012-Plants done Blooming?

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of May 2012-Plants done Blooming?
shortleaf wrote:
I checked the roots, there's no white on the roots. I replanted it deeper, I'll keep watering it for a while. Unfortunately, it's not looking too good for Penny Lane I'm afraid.

Thanks pepper, I hope that Hibiscus stays good! I'll take bushy and flowers too hopefully!

I finally am covering up the 8 kitty litter buckets with the 3 Bamboo P. Bissetii plants in them. They seem to be okay with shooting up some this year. Their roots can't have much room so I plan to trim them at 8 feet or so if they get that tall, they're already 4 - 6 feet now.

I'm getting all that black dyed mulch covered up. Getting that black mulch was a terrible decision, that was almost as bad as buying a pea green little lamp at Kmart years ago, as soon as I walked out of the store with it I was thinking, "this thing is hideous, why did I buy it?!".

Here's my former Stephenson's Restaurant Wisteria seed fence planting along the driveway.

I got that pink climbing Rose planted next to a red Honeysuckle on my former futon frame trellis.

I dug up an old photo with that putrid green lamp in it, (sorry, I had to blur me out, it was more unflattering than usual!). At least it worked for several years, I no longer have that lamp!
Will