Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Tomatoes & Peppers: SEED STARTING Methods 2012, Part 3, 2 by juhur7

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright juhur7

In reply to: SEED STARTING Methods 2012, Part 3

Forum: Tomatoes & Peppers

Back to post
Photo of SEED STARTING Methods 2012, Part 3
juhur7 wrote:
Well after soaking there planted, about the time I'm done showing the pics I'll have made the kindergarten page about starting tomatoes.

It's not that I'm not learning anything, and
as I really was enjoying a few conversations about water and the effects that has,all about control to get the best plants possible.

The plants growing under frost protection being the example of my own eagerness or extreme to accomplish this.I was and am searching for the not so large as a greenhouse for outdoor starting of the garden plants (etc seeds).

My old way with the bean cans freezer bags and recently the red coffee can seems to be working pretty well. The thickness of the red material seems to have somthing to do with that.The weather here , when it frosts ,requires protection that is nearly the same as if growing the plants through the winter. The barrier between the containers freeze dried the production potting soil making actual form of "outer space.'With the inner container baggies heated during the sunnier part of the day, the space holds down on the heated inner container,so far that has given protection to seedlings with temps of about 20degrees

That seems to act as a form of evaporter ,maybe somtime a natural water collector (like dehumidifier) can be accomplished from that.

So far only thing that comes to mind is a cold frame greenhouse inside with a red greenhouse over that(LOL) models anyone.