Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Garden Pests and Diseases: pests galore, 2 by saibaba75

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright saibaba75

Subject: pests galore

Forum: Garden Pests and Diseases

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of pests galore
saibaba75 wrote:
here in india the temp is around 100 f, dry ,no direct sun all plants are in pots of a very large size, good drainage soils is nutrient rich
photo 1: it shows the ravages of ants, have eliminated them, is this savable.....
photo2: can anyone identify this vine /creeper, leaf is very soft, grows tall, branches are angular and delicate .....
photo 3: after repelling the attack of leaf miners this started to appear, can some one shed light on what it is....
photo 4: there are a zillion of these they fly among the lower leaves close to the soil should i be concerned ?....... .
have used macacide -50 for the miners substantially dilluted and seemed to work although they have returned in small amounts.....coffee grounds in the soil for the ants and neem oil on the leaves and branches ....discovered what seems to be white fly or mildew under the leaves and in new shoots, used neem on some plants and the macacide 50 on a couple of the more hardy plants .......everything used is only because they are the only things available ...........should i change plants to something less labor intensive seems to be getting worse.......
( jasmine was first choice but no direct sun available is there something similar, aroma, that will take indirect sun) planted to have something that will grow up on the walls and around the doors not opposed to something else more resistant to infestations that would sustain the conditions first mentioned ....am getting very frustrated with all the obstacles involved for what i have .......any help .....thank you .....
Attached Thumbnails