Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MARCH 2012, 2 by works4me

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MARCH 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to post
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MARCH 2012
works4me wrote:
Hello everyone

Well, we went out this morning to buy a new electric jug as planned but ended up being out most of the day. We also needed a new cordless phone and a few other things as well …don’t know where the day went … So another day over, another month gone, seems like we’re always chasing our tails and getting nowhere fast.

Colleen, lucky you, with your broms from Nev. You too, Karen, with your lovely purchases from Wendy and glad to hear you got your computer fixed.

Nev, I tried rubbing two sticks together, couldn’t get the things to strike … maybe that’s where I wasted so much time today. Back in business now though with a new Sunbeam … same as the last one, hope it lasts a bit longer. Don’t know what went wrong, maybe it got wet or something. Also got a new Panasonic cordless phone (actually a set of 3). We had a similar one before and when the battery went flat we bought a new one from Battery World which wasn’t very successful. You can’t buy a genuine battery and I have since been told that replacement batteries rarely work well. So, when the battery goes flat, throw away the phone and buy a new one ..it did last a few years, but still. We really have become a throwaway society … not that consumers have much choice in the matter.

And yes Nev, I certainly did have a ball at Wendy and Johnny’s yesterday and I am very happy with my ‘haul’. Also enjoyed a lovely chat over coffee and bikkies and got some lovely bargains and great ideas too. I could very easily do it all again with very little arm twisting involved.

I tried the link you posted for cobblers pegs but couldn’t access it. I had no idea they could actually be useful for something, they’re a curse, I reckon. Anyway, Nev, take it easy and get yourself better before it starts getting too cold, it’s much harder to shake off bugs in the winter.

Wendy, thanks again for your hospitality and hopefully we can do it again one of these days. We rarely get over to your side of town but it was certainly a very enjoyable day. I have been trying to decide which one of my new broms is my favourite but I just can’t decide … I love them all. I think ‘enchantment’ is very close to the top of the list and I’ll post a photo of it and one of ‘jaws’, also vying for top place.

Hope your sale is progressing well and it’s good to hear it’s not tiring you out. I know I feel wiped out after shopping today … maybe it’s just a bit of a let down after such a great day yesterday.

Anyway, we expect a couple of the grandkids up for the day tomorrow and being school holidays, will no doubt see quite a bit of them and have a few overnight stays over the next couple of weeks. And you wonder why we never get anything done !!

Bye for now, Shirley