Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MARCH 2012, 2 by perke_patch

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright perke_patch

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MARCH 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to post
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MARCH 2012
perke_patch wrote:
Hi everyone. Nev I love all those pics from Chanin. I especially love all those big round raised pots on the posts. Don't they make a wonderful show when full of the same plant?

We had a bit of a break but have been back into it since Friday afternoon. We certainly had fun potting up those vriseas and drooling over them. But that just made one big problem ...... where to put them???? the vrisea area has now been extended to cover down one side of the centre shelf space. All the neos and other plants had to be moved out so we started setting up our tables for a sale next weekend. We decided to sell off most of the full grown neos removed from the shelf for the vriseas. The neos are now cleaned up, priced and sitting on the sales tables while the vriseas look great in their new home. We are also starting to get lots of vrisea pups potted up too. Lots to sell soon.

Well the first people to arrive at our sale next weekend will certainly be able to take home some really great bargains. Some pots on the tables have up to 4 good sized plants in them. Johnny has most of them priced at only $8 but I snuck $10 on some of them that I thought were just too good to be $8. Anyway first come will be able to take away some really nice plants for a very good price. Shirley are you still coming on Friday to check out what we have??? hope you have lots of room in your car cause you will be unable to resist some of the bargains. Hope to see you. Jen is bringing some of hers over tomorrow to set out on the tables also. Unfortunately M&M have advertised a sale same weekend so I will have to miss theirs again. Ah well, people will be able to kill 2 birds with one stone and visit both places. Hope they visit ours first as they will get more for their buck as they say.

Shirley you have made me want to visit Thailand now just to see the gardens, broms and statues. I love the shape of the broms grown in Thailand. They seem to get much nicer form over there.

Colleen I love the 2 neos you posted. We have both of those. I was going to post a pic of a huge silverado that my son has in the ground in Hervey Bay. I didn't realise it was the same as our silverados till it was identified by the experts on FB. He obviously got a pup from us and didn't bother keeping the name tag with the plant. It was so huge I didn't even think of silverado. We now have one in the large hanging basket on the ground and it has grown much bigger than others we have grown in smaller pots. So plant it with lots of room for root growth and you will get a bigger plant. We now plant pups into the pot size the full grown plant with need. Even though we have good intentions to pot up as the pant grows we never seem to get around to it so we pot up at step one.

Late again so I must be off to bed again. Always seem to be doing that when talking to you guys. must get on DG earlier in the evening.

Night all ..... oh pics are of one of our favourite neos. fury. In good light and even sunshine you get some stunning colours in this plant.

Wendy