Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MARCH 2012, 2 by DawnSong

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DawnSong

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MARCH 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MARCH 2012
DawnSong wrote:
Morning all. Another grey day. I just hope the floods disappear quickly so those affected can get back to their homes. And lets hope that cyclone doesn't develop and that it all just fizzles out. Looking through my plants and things I have in the carport, so much stuff is rusting or rotting, even the plastic lid for the seed container for the birds fell apart. Too much rain, then burning sun, then more rain, just not good for some things including my bones.

I too have many pups forming, some ready to divide now. I did a stack this morning, and also repotted my Kiwi Cream vriesea which had outgrown its pot. Still a stack to go, but have run out of the smaller squat pots which are best for neos. Took some pics of various things, and was wondering if anyone could ID this first pic. I got it from Olive Branch, but am sure it was wrongly labelled.

Pemiento has a lovely pup which is not quite ready, I feel, to divide yet. Soon maybe.

Bill. Muriel Waterman pup I got recently from Nev.

Mother and daughter - I bought Mum labelled as Barbarian. This name was questioned, but no one ID'd it as anything else, so I am sticking with the name, Barbarian.

And finally, a lovely little pup from Predatress. The mother is now growing a second baby and I'm giving her lots of TLC. She deserves it.

This message was edited Mar 5, 2012 8:28 PM