Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Rural Gardening: Feeling low...visit with friends..just what I needed!, 2 by Eufaula

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Eufaula

In reply to: Feeling low...visit with friends..just what I needed!

Forum: Rural Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Feeling low...visit with friends..just what I needed!
Eufaula wrote:
Out of 12 pure strain Maran eggs only one was fertile, and that little booger was the first and strongest to hatch. The rest were lazy and took their time about getting born! Im still waiting to see how many of these still drying in will make it. They all seemed to have a bit of a problem breaking through the inner membrane and were stuck. so I helped by finishing the air sac end of the shell for them, thus the mess you saw in the incu. Only one little baby still had yolk attached and perished, although it was put into the incu at the same time as the rest. All I can figure is that since it was directly in the middle of the incu between the heating coils it just didnt get quite as much heat as the rest.
these photos are of the first hatched . They were ready to go out into the brooder house . Their new home actually sits next to a window so they can peak outside whenver they want.