Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Greenhouse: Greenhouse Plans, 2 by Elicea

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Elicea

Subject: Greenhouse Plans

Forum: Greenhouse

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Greenhouse Plans
Elicea wrote:
Hi All! I\'m totally new here (just signed up 5 seconds ago) and am hoping I can get some assistance with greenhouse plans. I have seen a million plans and wish I could have all of the designs. But alas, I only have so much yard to work with ;)

Sooo, we have this shed in our yard, already on a cement pad. It is a bit low in height. I\'m 5\'1\" and have to watch my head going in the door. I am attaching a picture of it. What I am thinking is basically converting it into a greenhouse, rather than starting fresh. It has a steel frame, so it\'s pretty solid. And it has power running through it so it just makes more sense to keep the frame instead of starting all over.. Of course, it is too low, so I would need to find a way to raise the height.

In the second image, I want to remove all of the metal panels within the yellow area, and replace it with another greenhouse appropriate material. I havent decided what, just yet.

Where the peak of the shed is, I would like to take that and raise it up, to reflect a similar style as what is in the 3rd image, but with the door on the longer side, of course. So the half of the shed that I leave as metal stays it\'s normal height, but then I add height to the half I want to convert.

Does all of this make sense? The problem is that I can envision it well enough, but I am awful when it comes to trying to figure out the actual concept to make it happen. I know it\'s probably a long shot, but is there anyone out there who can help me?