Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Beginner Gardening: Streptocarpus dying? Please, I need help!, 2 by capePrimrose123

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright capePrimrose123

Subject: Streptocarpus dying? Please, I need help!

Forum: Beginner Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Streptocarpus dying? Please, I need help!
capePrimrose123 wrote:
I brought my plant home a bit over 3 weeks ago, looking like the first picture.
Very lush, erect leaves (though you can see a spot of brown on the edge of one in the front).

Now, my streptocarpus looks like the second picture. You can see the leaves are all droopy... Plus basically every leaf has a bit of brown on them (see third picture).

What is wrong with my plant? I have been watering it only when the soil is dry to the touch, as suggested for streptocarpus (so about 2x/week), and it has been sitting on my windowsill this whole time, next to a window that faces north (so no direct sun), and I make sure to keep my blinds open during the day. It is about 65-70 degrees indoors at all times.

Am I caring for the plant wrong? Does it have a disease? Is there a fungal/bacterial infection? I thought there was a possible pest infestation at first, but I can\'t actually see any pests on it... I\'ve release live ladybugs onto the plant this past week, just in case.

Everyone says streptocarpus is so easy to grow, but as a first-timer I\'m experiencing a lot of frustration with this one!