Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Central Midwest Gardening: October-Fall Colors and a nice chill, 2 by happgarden

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright happgarden

In reply to: October-Fall Colors and a nice chill

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of October-Fall Colors and a nice chill
happgarden wrote:
Billy had to laugh about drying clothes indoors, when we first moved out into the middle of these fields, literally, we went to work and left the windows open on the trailer we lived in while building the house. Well it seemed that one particular windy day they harvested soy beans....OMG, you should of seen the trailer...lol One whole end of the trailer were windows in a bay shape... I think it took 2 weeks of cleaning nonstop to get rid of the soy bean trash....they just fill the air with 'stuff'. lol

Pepper that is great. It was so sad about the fire fighters.

I am shot, I had the whole day planned to bring in plants and it started out great, then dh got the brilliant idea to pour concrete all in front of the chicken house because of the muddy mess we had this spring. He wouldn't need any help....yeah right...lol He poured out 2 1/2 yards of concrete, WE just got done..lol. These chickens are living high on the land. lol

dh is helping me tomorrow!!! I did get these big guys in this morning before the chicken concrete. Repotting them was a real chore let alone dragging them back in. LOVE my big ee. The hibiscus is the one dh bought me a long time ago, I think I found a systemic from bayer for indoors that are tablets you push in the soil and it will fertilize and rid the hibiscus of the sucking scale. I am also going to use alcohol on the spots I can see. Since it is indoors I don't have to worry about bees and such.

This message was edited Oct 14, 2015 5:09 PM