Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Annuals: Pansies, 2 by robertsonj88

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright robertsonj88

Subject: Pansies

Forum: Annuals

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Pansies
robertsonj88 wrote:
Last year I let my son (3 at the time) pick any flower he wanted from a greenhouse He picked one single pansy and this spring poking through the snow I seen some pansies coming up. I was so amazed, the one he planted reseeded itself and came back!

The first picture the left side is the flower of what he planted last year and the right side is the first flower that opened up this spring!
The second picture is from June and how much it started to spread over my garden. About 5 more popped up since then.
I took the fourth and fifth pictures a week ago, I noticed two different colored flowers on one plant!!
The 3rd picture is from today, same plant as the last two pictures and such amazing color differences, you can't see it in the picture but it is so velvety looking.

These pansies have brought me so much joy this year, they are amazing and every day they continue or amaze me with their color.
I sure hope they come back again next year!! I am going to see if there are any seeds that I could harvest off of them.

Is it normal for pansies to have such different flowers colors on one single plant?