Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Garden Pests and Diseases: Goji berry plant acting strange, 2 by malsprower

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright malsprower

Subject: Goji berry plant acting strange

Forum: Garden Pests and Diseases

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Goji berry plant acting strange
malsprower wrote:
I bought a goji plant from Walmart, which comes from Dewar nurseries in Apopka, FL 2 weeks ago. I used garden soil mixed with just under a half sand. The soil is very slightly acidic so I did a lime treatment according to these instructions yesterday: http://homeguides.sfgate.com/change-soils-ph-potted-housepla... As soon as I planted the goji, some of its leaves turned yellow and new shoots came up from the bottom (as seen in the 1st picture). Every vine on the goji started to show flower buds and new shoots came from the vines. I live in Daytona FL (zone 9b) and the plant gets full (hot) sun but does not wilt. I see no bugs on the plant other than a couple sugar ants (which the lizards always like to eat). I have only watered it twice (when transplanting it) and yesterday, and waited until the top of the soil was completely dry before watering it. Will it fruit? If it doesn't set fruit, how can i get it to? What could be causing the yellowing and why is it flowering so much?

This message was edited Aug 22, 2015 12:00 PM